Foodie

The title of my blog came from my neice Rebecca who is always excited about what new thing I've concocted (she's a foodie too!) She calls all my food - Liz Food. So I tend to call my yummy stuff that too!



I am foodie - through and through! The dictionary defines a foodie as: "someone who has an ardent or refined interest in food". Like that really covers it? This is a little more like it... "To be a foodie is not only to like food, but to be interested in it. Just as a good student will have a thirst for knowledge, a foodie wants to learn about food. A foodie will never answer the question "What are you eating" with "I don't know." Yup, I'm a foodie!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

TENDER Oven Roasted Ribs



When I got my BIG Pampered Chef stoneware baker lid, I wanted to figure out what else I could use if for. I found a great idea for doing ribs and roasts in it. As usual, I combined a few recipes before I came up with what I thought turned out best...


BBQ Ribs (works with a roast too)
Rub meat with a mixture of spices (garlic salt, seasoned salt, montreal steak seasoning, chipotle chili powder, pepper, etc – whatever you like! *Red Robin's fries seasoned salt is awesome too!) Put in a stoneware covered baker (I’m sure a domed cast iron skillet or dutch oven would work too) Bake at 400 for 30 minutes, then turn heat down to 250. Bake for another 1 ½ - 2 hours. If the meat is almost falling off the bones - you did it right!
*If you’re doing ribs on the bones, you may want to bake a little shorter time, grill them to help with that great smoky flavor, then baste with your favorite bbq sauce. ( our favorite is Tony Roma's Carolina Honeys)
*If you’re making BBQ sandwiches, (it may also need to cook a bit longer) let the meat cool a bit and then shred with a fork. Serve plain with sauce on the side or pour on whatever sauce you want.
*Works great with country style pork strips, baby back ribs, beef short ribs, pork picnic roast, etc…

No comments:

Post a Comment

background